Friday, January 27, 2012

Worst. Run. Ever.

Todays Run: 5 miles + 3 x .10 hill sprints
Time: 44 mins

Ok so maybe it was not the worst run I have ever had (a few others certainly stick out in my mind) but it was pretty bad. I was feeling ok, up to the challenge, ready to run an easy 5 and do a few hill sprints. For lunch I made a terrible decision and made myself rice and black beans, one of my favorite quick things to eat. I was hungry again around 4 pm and finished off what I had not eaten a few hours earlier. I have now learned the hard way: do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT eat rice and beans (or probably any sort of mexican food, really) before going to the gym and getting on the treadmill. I had MAJOR tummy and GI issues. I contemplated stopping at the 3 mile mark, but I looked over at Nate and willed myself to keep going in order to stay on pace with him. The hill sprints almost did me in completely. I am SERIOUSLY glad that it is over, and that tomorrow is an off day! I am currently celebrating with a nice glass of wine.

For dinner, I roasted some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the oven until done. While they were cooking, I sauteed onions and a mixture of red, yellow, and green peppers until soft. I added this AMAZING marinade/dressing that I got from Trader Joe's called "Soyaki" and cooked the veggies for a little longer. Once the chicken was done, I sliced it up, added it to the veggies, and added a little more Soyaki for good measure. I highly recommend anyone with a Trader Joe's nearby to buy it. I served everything over brown rice. Even my still-sensitive stomach was happy with it. No pictures, unfortunately - I ate it too quickly.

Next run - sunday. Until then. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the blog. Your descriptions of food and running are absolutely riviting material. But what I'm really waiting for is something on SLEEP,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graduation is the weekend after. (I believe it falls on mothers day weekend)

    ReplyDelete