Thursday, January 26, 2012

FARTLEK. It's a funny word.

Today's run: Fartlek run (in case you didn't already figure that out); 7 miles with 6 x 30 sec. @ 10K-3K pace
Time: 62 mins

I'm happy to say that doing the 6 and 7 mile runs are starting to get easier for me. I mean, they were not exactly difficult before - it was more that I was just extremely lazy and didn't feel like running more than 3  or 4 miles at a time. Now I simply hop on the treadmill and simply resign myself to the fact that the run must be done. I ran the first 3 miles, stopped for some water and a restroom break (don't drink 2+ cups of coffee before a semi-long run when you have an overactive bladder...), then got back on. I did three of the Fartlek's during mile 4 and the other three during mile 5. Mile 6 was a cool down.

In other news, while watching Live! with Kelly Ripa this morning, she gave the audience an interesting tidbit of information: apparently, according to medical professionals, the best treatment for a nosebleed is bacon or some other type of cured ham/pork product. Strangely enough, on Tuesday while visiting my grandmother in New Jersey, she developed a severe nosebleed and we spent a LARGE part of the day in the emergency room trying to get the nosebleed to stop. (It didn't). The ER docs clearly should have tried what I will now refer to as the Kelly method. File that information under "things I wish I knew 2 days ago". I can't imagine my grandmother actually allowing me to shove bacon and/or pork up her nose, though...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment