Sunday, March 4, 2012

Long Run!

Today's Run: 15.5 miles
Time: 2 hours 20 mins

This was basically the longest run we have done since the beginning of September, and I must say, it went pretty well. I felt like the first ten miles FLEW by. The last 5.5 were a little rough, and my legs were fairly sore, but all in all, it was a really good run. We ran it with the running group that we joined, the Shoreline Sharks. It is so much easier to do a long run when your course is planned out, you know you have aid stations every 2-3 miles, and there's other people running along with you. I can definitely say that 15.5 miles was a whole lot more enjoyable than if Nate and I had just done it on Milford roads by ourselves. It also forced us to get up and get it out of the way early - the run started at 10 a.m, we were done by 12:30, and still had the rest of the day to get other things accomplished (namely eating and sitting around, though I did manage to start a paper that I have due this week). I am actually kinda, sorta looking forward to our run next Sunday (another awesome 16 miles)!

Last night, we made potatoes better than the chicken again (absolutely, without a doubt, one of my favorite meals, in the universe). We had it last night and again tonight for dinner, and now I am making homemade chicken stock with the leftover carcass. Roasted chicken is an awesome money saver...five dollars, two meals of roast chicken, and probably 2-3 meals of soup.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment