Sunday, February 12, 2012

Oh hey there, blog. It's been awhile.

Today's run: 12.4 miles
Time: 1 hour 53 min 40 sec

Ok so, this week was supposed to be a week packed with running. It was not. Nate became extremely ill Wednesday night and it carried over into Thursday and Friday. I didn't catch it, thankfully, but I still felt slightly under the weather myself. Needless to say, we made our glorious comeback today with the Shoreline Sharks 20k in Milford. Nice course, very similar to the Milford half marathon that I did back in September. Today was positively FRIGID, however. Worst running weather in the world. It was roughly 15 degrees when the race started, and for the first mile I was freezing cold. Even with my gloves on, it felt like my fingers were going to freeze off. I eventually warmed up, and it was a pretty good run. Knee held up fine, with no soreness at all. Given the distance, that's sort of a miracle. Right now I am totally exhausted but feel good otherwise.

Tonight we decided to make an awesome pizza margherita. We baked off some whole wheat crust, rolled out thin. Then we added a little pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, fresh sliced tomato, and basil. Here it is pre-baking:


It came out awesome. Nate and I finished off almost the whole thing between the two of us. Long runs always make my (already quite healthy) appetite even more hungry. Post-baked:


Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment