Saturday, February 4, 2012

I love Saturdays!

Yesterdays run: 7 miles + 4 hill sprints
Time: 62 min

I find it really remarkable how the temperature of my surroundings impacts my run. On Tuesday evening, Nate and I did our run at the Edge. It was completely packed - we even had to wait for a treadmill for five or ten minutes. The inside of the building was disgusting, hot, sweaty, humid, etc etc. I had sweat pouring off me the entire time and I felt like crap. Last night, however, was a completely different story. The gym was far less crowded and the temperature was about ten degrees cooler.  My seven mile run was extremely easy - I'd almost go so far as to call it enjoyable. Tuesday's run gave me flashbacks to our 85 degree, ninety percent humidity first marathon - something I never wish to repeat again.

Today is Saturday, which means OFF DAY, which means no running!!! I slept until noon (a rarity for me) and then ate leftovers from last night's meal. Speaking of which...(yesterday was an extremely tasty food day!)

Gina and I went for sushi at my favorite sushi restaurant. I ordered an eel and cucumber roll, a california roll, and a butterfly roll (probably my favorite roll ever, it's the one wrapped in pink paper).



I also ordered cold noodles, which are amazing from this place, but I ate them too quickly and therefore couldn't take a picture.

For dinner, after our run, Nate and I made "potatoes better than the chicken". Nate's parents made it for us last time we were up there, and it was amazing, so we decided to make it again.



I loooove potatoes. These were seriously the best ones I have ever had. The chicken was great too.

I will leave you with a picture of Bailey, who is looking a bit pudgy as of late...perhaps time to cut down on the kitty food??



Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. We've got to go to that sushi place the next time we come down. Gotta love "Potatoes better than the Chicken"!!! Bailey looks so big.

    ReplyDelete